Transfer of the garden house to the museum area
17.09.2025
The garden shed on Stiftsberg hill is back

The garden shed on Stiftsberg hill is back: built on a 14 square metre footprint using solid construction methods. Its eaves height is 3.36 metres. The weather vane ends at 5.70 metres. The new building was made possible thanks to donations from the assets of political parties and mass organisations. Reconstructed in its original form based on plans and drawings, the garden house stands on the eastern plateau and forms a visual conclusion and highlight of the garden architecture on Stiftsberg hill.
The garden house was part of the Quedlinburg monastery gardens as early as the 17th century, but disappeared around 1956. Based on historical plans and drawings, it was restored to its 18th-century appearance, as was the façade of the monastery buildings.
The garden shed will be incorporated into the educational concept of the new museum in future. Information on the history of Quedlinburg's gardens will also be available here.



